Welcome to the marijuana growing business. We are glad that you have decided to grow your own cannabis. Right now your mind will be crowded with questions. How to set up the plant, what equipments will fit best, the best LED grow lights for marijuana, so on and so forth. Relax we are here to help you. But before we familiarise you with the LED lights that best suit your indoor grow. Here are certain factors you need to keep in mind.
Appoint a space for your plant
Look around and see what specific area will you designate for the plant. The corner in the basement, a room, a special cabinet, or a tent. The choice is yours. Just remember that you will have to take care of the plant and that space yourself. So it is better to have a nice talk with yourself before deciding the final spot.
Don’t forget to follow this point checklist
Once space has been finalized. Some of the factors you will have to look after are as follows:
- The amount of space needed for the plant.
- The equipment has to be tailored according to the area.
- Room for you to work with the plant freely.
- Ventilation, lights, temperature and other pieces of equipment have to be in sink with the plant.
- The surface that you will choose to set up your plant has to be sanitized.
- Most vitally, choose a spot that is away from the eyes of your children, neighbors, and pets.
Indoor grow lights for cannabis other than LED
- HID (High Intensity Discharge) lights are cost-effective and cheaper than LED lights. There are two main types of HID lamps. One is the Metal Halide (MH), it emits bluish-white light for vegetative growth and the other is called High Pressure Sodium (HPS). This light produces a red-orange hue and is good for the flowering stage. When used along with good quality ballasts and reflectors, they help in the overall growth of the plant. But remember they heat up easily so you will have to set up an extra piece of cooling equipment for the same.
- Fluorescent light fixtures do not require a cooling system and are inexpensive. The entire package ( reflector, ballast, bulbs) is much cheaper than all the other lights. If you are planning on growing a small scale plant, these light will best suit your grow. The only drawback is that they will consume more watts and produce 20-30% less light.
- An induction lamp is another option that you can consider. It is the oldest technology devised by an acknowledged scientist Nikola Tesla. It is definitely more efficient, cost-effective, and durable with the ability to provide value to the plant. The issue of its availability can certainly bother you and the price varies from time to time.
Having talked about the various lights that canna-users prefer. Let’s finally, dive straight into the types of LED lights you can choose for your medical marijuana plant.
Give your cannabis plants the LED treatment
These are the best type of lights for all the canna growers. The cost may differ depending on the kind of light you will purchase. But in entirety LED lights have the following advantages:
- A quality-driven yield is produced
- Provides a full spectrum of light
- Generates less heat
Types of LED lights
There are three main types of LED lights that are used for growing medical marijuana.
- Spread LED: it consists of two major lights. One is the Quantum Board LED light that has low watt diodes spread on a plain board. It consumes fewer watts and produces high-end results. These lights can be used for an extensive grow. The other light is called spider style and it consists of individual diodes that are spread like a spider on a solid board. They are famously known for producing a good yield.
- Traditional Panel: These lights are being used extensively due to its one special feature. They have the tendency to produce a full spectrum for both larger and smaller spaces. Also, it is a hybrid of Quantum Board Style and COB with both small and medium diodes. Basically, a mix and match of all LED styles
- COB LED (Chip on Board): Big lights with a flat panel, that is what a COB looks like. Several LED chips are introduced in one bulb to let the light penetrate as deep as the plant’s canopy. These lights are in demand because of the same factor. You will never be disappointed by the quality of light. In addition to this, the frequency of light is so intense that it will consume more electricity than usual.
To sum up we can say that LED lights have good potential to increase the yield of cannabis plants. The three best LED grow lights for marijuana mentioned in this write-up can definitely help all the beginners planning to set up a medical marijuana plant. As a beginner, you obviously want the best out of a particular strain. This is where the point checklist comes into play. So take a good look and let us know which light is best suited for your plant in the comment section below.