By Online Medical Card — February 22, 2019
Oakland is one of America’s most vibrant cities with mesmerizing tourist places, amazing culture, and nightlife. In an addition to this, you can also enjoy a range of cannabis festivals, tours, and events in the city.
Here are the cannabis laws in Oakland
– Cannabis is legal for adults above the age of 21 years. However, you will need a valid ID to get access to marijuana products.
– It is legal to carry one ounce of cannabis flower as well as eight grams of concentrates. Plus, you are also allowed to grow up to six plants.
– If you are traveling within the city, cannabis must be unopened and locked in the trunk.
– You are not allowed to drive while being high.
So, if you are over 21 and you love cannabis, then Oakland is definitely the right place to be. However, to extend your limits, you must have a valid medical marijuana card. This will allow you to try different cannabis products which are sold for medical purposes only.
Oakland’s Medical Marijuana Dispensaries You can either opt to visit a dispensary or order your favorite cannabis strains or products online.
Here is a list of some of the well-known collectives in Oakland.
1. Harborside- A famous dispensary managed by cannabis impresario Steve DeAngelo. Here you can try exclusive strains like London Poundcake and Lemon Tree.
2. Magnolia Wellness – This collective offers an on-site vapor lounge as well as a dab bar. Phytologie is the closest one to the International Airport.
3. Purple Heart Patient Center –A perfect place to try a variety of strains before heading out for an evening of fun.
Along with these amazing storefronts, you can also choose from a plenty of exclusive cannabis offerings delivered right at your doorstep by C.R.A.F.T., Mellow and Community Gardens.
Now Let’s take a cannabis tour and learn about popular cannabis activities happening in Oakland
– Look ahead to a tour at the eco-friendly sun-grown cannabis from Flow Kana, concentrates from Raw Garden and Jetty Extracts, along with a nice selection of pre-rolls.
– This city also offers some incredible cannabis tours such as the Sea of Green Cannabis Tours and 420 Party Bus Tours.
– Not only this, there are some amazing events where visitors can see extensive cannabis collections. These include Puff, Pass and Paint, and First Friday Cannabis Social.
This city is the right destination for every type of cannabis consumer.
– Oakland is one of the few cities that proposed a measure in its November 6 ballot this year to lower its existing cannabis business tax rates. Previously, it was like a 5% tax on medical cannabis and a 10% on recreational.
– With the approval of this proposed measure “Measure V”, now the City Council has the authority to lower cannabis tax rates through an ordinance.
– This measure will also allow them to deduct the cost of raw materials from their gross receipts- something which becomes impossible to do on federal tax returns.
– Medical cannabis recommendation holders get maximum tax benefits, legal protection and access to cannabis products.
Follow Us on:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+OnlineMedicalCard